As you probably know, not all homes are built or designed with aging adults in mind which brings us to some of the modifications to make the home a safe environment.
- Ramps may be needed to enter or exit the home is mobility is an issue.
- A reacher gives the assist one may need for people with disabilities, back or leg disorders, or others with difficulty reaching or grabbing things from high and low places.
- If mobility is a challenge a walker or rollator can assist with stability and support.
- The addition of bath safety products such as grab bars, a shower chair or toilet riser will help to lessen the chance of falls.
- Rising from a sitting position may be aided by a power seat which gives a gentle, safe assist to rise.
- If walking is difficult or you tire quickly, a power scooter is useful.
- Stairs in the home are a challenge but a the installation of a stair lift makes stairs inside or out easy to manage.
Have questions about what you may need to age-in-place safely and comfortably? Our experienced staff can suggest what you or a loved one may need. Call for a FREE in-home assessment, (424) 271-7328